March 18, 2020
An open letter to our Clients and Patients,
Given the recent announcements by the Premier of Alberta and Chief Medical Officer of Health the Kinsmen Sports Centre Physical Therapy team will be able to continue to provide you with critical physiotherapy services for the time being despite the closure of the Kinsmen Sports Centre.
We are defining CRITICAL PATIENTS in the following way:
- Those patients whose treatment is funded by the Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB);
- Those patients whose treatment is funded by the Alberta Health Services Ambulatory Community Physiotherapy Program;
- Those patients whose treatment is funded by their automobile insurance provider under the Diagnostic and Treatment Protocols Regulation (DTPR);
We are committed to providing critical physiotherapy care in a safe environment.
We are committed to following social distancing guidelines to the best of our ability while continuing to provide hands-on care.
We are reducing hours of operation and limiting the number of critical patients and clients we see.
Cleaning and disinfecting measures continue to be enhanced as per our prior communications.
New patients and clients will be contacted by a physiotherapist by telephone to determine whether immediate assessment is critical.
Physiotherapists are able to be reached by telephone, 780-432-9555, or email, firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding your management and care. Communication via email does require your consent to do so as it is not deemed to be a confidential source of information transmission.
We are investigating alternate methods of communication that are becoming available such as Tele-Health and Tele-Medicine.
What can you do to help?
We ask that you do not attend the Clinic if the following applies to your situation:
- You have been or suspect you have been exposed to COVID-19;
- You have returned from travel outside of Canada after March 1, 2020;
- You or anyone in your close social circle are ill;
- You are immunosuppressed;
- There has been evidence that COVID-19 is more severe in people over age 65. If you are over age 65, please consider if in clinic treatment is CRITICAL to your health currently.
Further, the team urges you to consider the following advice from Alberta Health Services to protect yourself and others:
- Stay home and away from others if sick or in isolation;
- Wash hands often;
- Cover coughs and sneezes;
- Avoid touching face with unwashed hands.
Access to the Clinic will continue to occur at the Fieldhouse doors on the North side of the Centre. These doors are located directly under our exterior sign on the North side of the building. These doors are marked with a large “3.”
Please do not go to the Main Entrance doors.
A team member will be at the door to escort you to the Clinic. If no one is there, please wait a few minutes and then please call the Clinic at 780-432-9555 to notify us of your arrival.
We will not have access to other amenities at the Centre at this time.
We will be restricting use of certain exercise equipment.
We may also require you to wear latex free gloves if using certain equipment.
Team members will reach out to patients and clients to discuss the situation further and modify appointments.
We all sincerely thank you, our valued patients and clients, for your understanding and cooperation in these challenging times.
Posted on behalf of all Kinsmen Sports Centre Physical Therapy Clinic consultants and staff.